Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Today is big enough

Nothing… I did nothing yesterday. No workout, no weights, no running. It was not planned or intentional, it just happened. My daughter stayed home from school and instead of tending to me, I tended to her. I love tending to her; it is how I was made. I have tended to my kids for 16 years in utter delight. It has been my number one priority. We wrapped gifts, snuggled on the couch, watched Christmas movies, made soup for dinner and took a nap. Once the boys started coming home, it was time for dinner. We had an unexpected visitor who stayed until 11:30pm and then it was already time for bed.


In the past these days would highly discourage me. I would beat myself up and allow guilt and shame to consume me. Not today. Today I have had enough of that. Today I chose to look at the positive, to keep my glass from getting empty. Today I looked at what I accomplished. I ate well; Cheerios, soup, corn bread, soup again, and wine. I would have eaten a little more; only, I need to go grocery shopping. I spent time with my daughter, just she and I. I cleaned house and decorated the guest house. Our guest was a blessing, we broke bread with him and laughed and talked about intense things of God. My husband was filled and it blessed me.

So this morning as I start a new day, fog still hovering, sun still hiding; I will not let the past haunt me. I will not even plan for tomorrow and what I am going to do. I will just focus on today. Today is big enough.

1 comment:

~Karrilee~ from Abiding Love, Abounding Grace said...

Hello there... by divine timing I am sure - I JUST NOW saw your comment on my post in January regarding this being a year of Expectation. Wow... what a blessing! How has this year unfolded in Expecting for you? I know - as I reread a few posts from January I could so clearly see the Lord unfolding expectation and confirming the Word He gave nearly a year ago! Now it is time to pray and look ahead once more... I can't wait to hear what 2013 has in store! I'd love to know what He is speaking to your heart too!

Blessings,
~Karrilee~

A Child Again

And when all seems to be going well, after years of trials and tribulations... The rug is pulled out from under us and we are on the f...