Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Keeping it real... ie confession

So there are times in my "righteous" life that I loose it... Yes it is true... hee hee...

I totally lost it on my kids. My oldest son ripped a picture of my husband when he was a baby out of pure carelessness and I just lost it... Started yelling and screaming at him, then at the other kids. Then I said the "F" word which just traumatized my kids. My middle son, Noah, who is very tender and compassionate was heartbroken. He said I scared him when I cussed. My youngest daughter, Carah, said, "mommy, you said a bad word and that makes God sad." My oldest son, Elijah, who I went off on the most just sat in silence. My husband looked at me with eyes that said, "I don't agree with how you are handling the situation, but I am going to let you continue." Afterward, my husband told the kids it was smack down time and corraled them to the boys room.

I sat on the couch feeling like the worst mom on the planet. I am trying to get closer to God in Real Authentic Worship. And instead, I am hurling f bombs

No comments:

A Child Again

And when all seems to be going well, after years of trials and tribulations... The rug is pulled out from under us and we are on the f...